Did you know that your salon’s Instagram bio is your chance to make a great first impression? It’s true! And, unfortunately, that chance is extremely short-lived.
Believe it or not, it takes less than two-tenths of a second for someone to form an opinion about your salon based on your Instagram bio. That’s faster than the blink of an eye!
Keep reading to learn the secret formula to writing an Instagram bio that will win over new followers, or watch the video below.
Why is having a good Instagram bio important?
Having a descriptive and interesting Instagram bio is critical for your salon business. It’s front and centre on your salon’s Instagram profile and often your first and only chance to make a great first impression on potential followers.
If your bio isn’t appealing to your followers, you risk losing their interest in your Instagram profile and that’s a potential client lost!
What you need to do
You need a clever and inviting introduction to your profile to grab the attention and interest of people who are yet to learn about your salon.
You should also know that Instagram only allows 150 characters in the written section to create your bio so you need to find a creative way to fit everything in that you need to.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Ensure your IG username is the name of your salon or reflects it as closely as possible.
- Use the name of your salon in the name field – don’t use your personal name.
- Choose a category that reflects your salon business (e.g., Beauty, cosmetic & personal care; Medical & health; Hair salon).
- Create a headline of what you offer (e.g. Advanced Skin Care).
- List the top 3-5 treatments/services you offer; and use emojis to add a colourful and eye-catching element.
- Write a short description of your salon and INCLUDE YOUR LOCATION!!! (potential clients need to know you are local to them).
- Use your salon logo as your profile pic.
- Insert your salon website address, online booking link, or linktr.ee URL in the web address field.
Here is a great example of an Instagram bio that has followed this formula!
Create your bio in a Word document where you can track the character count and save your work before you upload it to Instagram. If you write your bio directly into Instagram and you’re over 150 characters, your bio won’t save and you will have to start over. This is frustrating and time-wasting!
Be sure to use SEO to your advantage. Your bio can be searched on Instagram, including relevant keywords that can increase your visibility when people are looking for a salon, treatment, service, or product in their local area. By combining this with a compelling bio formula, you can improve your chances of standing out and attracting potential followers or clients.
Set aside some time to craft the perfect Instagram bio for your salon. It could make all the difference to attracting new followers and clients.
Kickstart your Instagram Marketing by downloading The Salon Owners Guide to Instagram Marketing. You’ll receive this free eBook along with an email series of quick and actionable tips that will help you create a high-performing Instagram profile for your salon. Grab yours now!