In just four years Pinterest has become the second highest source of website referral traffic, one spot behind Facebook. And the average Pinterest user loves all things hair and beauty! So, what does this mean for your business? You need to get ‘pinning’.
For those of you unfamiliar with ‘pinning’, think of Pinterest as a virtual scrapbooking site, where you can organise all those inspiring, beautiful things you see online. Think back to when you ripped pages out of magazines and put them together in a scrapbook or mood board… Pinterest is like that, but online and visible to millions of users! If you want to grow your business, then make Pinterest part of your strategy.
So, how should your salon or spa be using Pinterest?
- Raise your business profile: Post photos of your competition work, client before and after shots (oh so popular!), and your salon and spa interior
- Attract new clients to your business: Link your pins to your website and pull new clients directly into your business (this will also make your business more visible on Google)
- It’s a visual consultation tool: Create salon Pinterest boards with the latest seasonal trends – hair, nails, makeup etc, download the app on your iPad and away you go!
- Showcase your team’s creativity, personality and style: Get your team involved in creating their own boards and lift the profile of the people behind your business.
- Share helpful tips with your clients: Keep your clients looking and feeling gorgeous between appointments with product recommendations, how-to’s and helpful home hints
With more traffic than Twitter, the ability to share your original work with a massive global audience and a female dominant user-base (83%), it is the Social Media platform for your industry.
We’d love to hear how your business is using Pinterest, so please share your ideas with us!
If you haven’t already, set up your business Pinterest page, get started here and follow Kitomba for some more ideas and inspiration (we’ll be sure to follow you back!)