When it comes to managing a team it’s your job to set the bar, inspire, and motivate. Great management and leadership can help your team to reach their full potential and ultimately helps your salon become more successful.
Give your team the information they need
Everyone wants their team to perform, and to have happy clients leaving the salon. Kitomba is packed with valuable information that will give your team the knowledge to do just that. For example, your client cards are the key to your team understanding a client’s history, goals and even knowing their favourite drink.
By giving your staff easy access to this information, it’ll ensure they’re prepared for their clients and can provide fantastic service.
If you give your team the right access level, they’ll have access to the information they need to do their jobs effectively, while you can be assured your data is safe.
Keep your team organised
We know life is busy and keeping on top of your business and your team can sometimes be difficult. Thankfully there are a number of great tools that can help keep your team organised:
Personalised daily appointment list
Once your team has access to the information and features they need, it’s easy to keep them organised. With Kitomba, everyone has a personalised daily appointment list. So your staff can see what their day is going to be like before they go to sleep or while they’re on their way to work.
Devices in the salon
Encourage your staff to use their smartphones or purchase a tablet to allow your staff to use Kitomba anywhere. You’ll keep the front desk free, while allowing your team to quickly add client notes between appointments or check if their next client likes tea or coffee.
Use photos and documents
Having the ability to add photos and documents to your client cards is an incredibly powerful tool. Kitomba allows you and your clients to upload photos to their client card and you can store documents like consent forms too.
These features can be used in a number of ways:
- Maintain an organised, well-documented history of your clients. Now everything to do with your clients can be kept in one, easy-to-find place.
- Know what your client wants before they even walk into the salon or spa by giving them the option to upload a photo of what they’re looking for when they make their booking online.
- Put a face to the name as soon as a client arrives at the salon by keeping their profile photo up to date. It’s an easy way to provide a personalised, friendly service and your team will always look organised and prepared.
- We work in a ‘before’ and ‘after’ orientated industry. Photos are a fantastic way to visually take your clients on a transformational journey or to pinpoint results. Having access to a smartphone or tablet, so you can take photos and discuss results with your client from your chair or office, makes this feature really powerful.
- Supplement colour notes with photos so it’s easy to replicate next time.
Motivate and empower your team
To become more successful, you need a motivated and empowered team beside you. There are a couple of tools you can use to help you do this:
Setting targets can be an effective tool to assist you in creating a more successful business.
Targets empower your team by providing them with a sense of direction and purpose. They also allow your team to understand what is expected of them and are an indication of their success.
Targets motivate best when they are specific and measureable. Your team needs to understand exactly what they’re working towards and where they’re at. Specific performance measures, like client average spent, rebooking rate, or retail spend are great.
Just remember targets should give your team something to aim for and something to motivate them. If they’re unreachable they’ll have the reverse effect.
Most importantly, the ability to visually track progress is highly motivating. Kitomba targets allows your staff to check their personal targets at any time, on any device. They can easily check their progress and quickly see if they need to book more appointments or sell more retail to hit their target.
Team meetings are the best way to get your team together, and to engage and motivate them. It’s also the perfect forum to share your goals and ensure everyone feels like they’re a vital part of your team.
To ensure you’re running great meetings for you and your team, here’s what you should aim for:
- Make sure it’s efficient. No one wants to sit in long meetings, they can lose focus and it doesn’t produce efficient results.
- Keep it positive. It’ll make your team feel good and motivate them to continue working hard for the business.
- Ensure everyone participates. Everyone has something to add to the business and it’s important that everyone is heard. It’ll keep the team involved in the meeting and help them to understand how they link to the overall business and it’s success.
- Allow creativity. After all this is the most important factor in our industry!